Last updated: June 2022
We make every effort to protect the privacy of persons using the Website, according to the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).
Who are we?
We, BBDO Warszawa sp. z o.o., are the controller of your personal data collected via the Website. Should you have any questions or should you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us. You will find our contact data below, in the section How to contact us?
Data that we collect, why we use them and the legal basis
In relation to maintaining the Website, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Use of the Website
For this purpose, we process your data such as: data related to your activity on the Website, your IP address, as well as data concerning your session, your device and your operating system, browser, language preferences, unique ID and device.
The processing is based on the performance of a service contract, according to Terms and Conditions (Article 6(1)(b) of GDPR).
- Informing on services and latest projects and improvement of our Website to suit your preferences
For this purpose, we process your personal data including your IP address, information concerning your operating system, browser, language preferences, unique ID and device, as well as information concerning your activity on the Website which is recorded and stored through cookies. We also process your e-mail address if you are a subscriber to our newsletter.
The basis for processing is your consent expressed by selecting the appropriate option on the Cookie Banner. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing the previously selected settings on the Cookie Banner available on each page in the lower left corner of the screen
The processing of your e-mail address is performed on the basis of your consent (Article 6(1)(a) of GDPR) given in a situation where you subscribed to our newsletter. Your e-mail address will be stored until you object to such processing or until you withdraw your consent (and withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal).
- Maintaining statistics, improving the Website experience for the user, as well safeguarding the Website’s information security
For this purpose, we process your personal data including your IP address, information concerning your operating system, browser, language preferences, unique ID and device, as well as information concerning your activity on the Website which is recorded and stored through cookies.
The basis for processing is your consent expressed by selecting the appropriate option on the Cookie Banner. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing the previously selected settings on the Cookie Banner available on each page in the lower left corner of the screen. .
For this purpose, your data shall be stored for no longer than 1 year.
- Handling of complaints and requests, responses to questions
For this purpose, we process your personal data included in the complaint, request or question, as well as the data concerning the use of the Website which are related with the submitted complaint, request or question.
The processing is performed on the basis of our legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR), consisting in ensuring a proper service to the Website’s user and responding to the question.
Your data shall be stored for a period of time necessary to respond to your question or for the purpose of taking other action in relation to the message received from you, however, for no longer than 1 year.
- Establishment, pursuance and enforcement of claims
For this purpose, we may process personal data concerning the use of the Website, other services and other data necessary for proving the existence of a claim, including the extent of the damage suffered.
The legal basis is our legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR), consisting in the establishment, pursuance and enforcement of claims and in the defence against claims in proceedings before courts and other state authorities during the limitation period of these claims.
Sharing of personal data
We share your personal data in the following cases:
- where such an obligation arises from the provisions of the applicable law, in particular at the request of the Public Prosecutor’s office, the Police and other state bodies
- where this is necessary for the satisfaction of our needs, in particular:
- to legal firms, auditors.
Furthermore, your personal data may be disclosed to service providers — entities processing personal data at our request and on our behalf:
- to providers of ICT services, such as hosting, provision and maintenance of IT systems and applications, including tools for traffic analysis on the Website.
We conclude agreements with the service providers to which we disclose your personal data and under these agreements the service providers are subject to our instructions.
Transfer of data
We can transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area to other companies from the Omnicom Group and processors, including these having their seat in the USA. We will ensure that the transfer is lawful and that there are appropriate security arrangements in place. We also entered into an agreement ensuring adequate and appropriate safeguards with companies within our group and processors established outside the EEA. We assure you that standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission will be entered into with the companies of our Omnicom group and with entities processing personal data based outside the EEA (in the United States and other countries)
If you want to receive more information about transfers of data outside the EEA and details of applied safeguards, please contact us.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request:
- access to your personal data, the receipt of a confirmation whether your personal data are used, the receipt of their copy and the receipt of information i.a. with respect to: the purposes of use, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to which personal data have been or will be disclosed, the planned period of storage of personal data, the source from which we obtained personal data
- a copy of personal data which you have provided to us and the transfer the copy to you or to another indicated entity in a commonly used and readable computer format, provided that we use your data on the basis of a consent or for the needs of performing a contract
- the rectification of your personal data if they are incomplete or incorrect
- the erasure of all or some of your personal data if:
- you withdrew your consent, and we are not entitled to use your data based on another legal ground
- Your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or used
- you have submitted an objection which we have acknowledged as justified
- Your personal data are used unlawfully
- the restriction of the use of your personal data, i.e. to request that we no longer use these data; however, this does not concern the storage of your personal data in cases where:
- you dispute the correctness of your personal data — then we limit their use to the period necessary for us to verify the correctness of your data
- you dispute the lawfulness of our use of personal data
- we do not need these data any more, but you need them to establish, pursue or defend your claims
- you have objected against the use of your data — until such time as we take the decision concerning the validity of the objection.
You are also entitled to:
- raise an objection, for reasons related to your individual situation, to the processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, including to the profiling on this basis. Upon receiving such an objection, we will consider whether — in view of your individual situation — the protection of your interests, rights and freedoms prevails over the interests which we pursue by using your personal data. Should your objection prove justified, and should there be no other legal basis for processing, we will delete the data to the use of which you objected
- raise an objection to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes of BBDO, including the profiling. After the objection has been raised, your data shall not be used any more for the purposes of direct marketing
- withdraw the consent granted for the use of personal data at any time. The withdrawal of the consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the use of personal data on the basis of the consent given prior to its withdrawal
- submit a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, should you establish that we process data incorrectly
Should you have any questions or should you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us. You will find our contact data below, in the section How to contact us?
Links to other websites
For your convenience and for informational purposes we may place links to other websites on our Website. Linked websites typically have their own privacy policies or notices. We strongly suggest you review them if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites, the websites themselves or for the privacy practices of the entities maintaining those websites.
The information collected by us through cookies include: the IP address, browser properties, device properties, the operating system, the language preferences, the redirecting URL address, information on the activity on our Website and the dates and times of visits on the Website. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
In terms of their life-cycle, cookies are divided into:
- session cookies – deleted upon exiting the internet browser,
- fixed – deleted upon the lapse of a predetermined time, regardless of exiting the internet browser
In terms of the internet domain of their origin, we divide cookies into:
- own cookies – set by the internet servers of our Website,
- third-party cookies – set by internet servers of websites other than our Website.
- Optimisation of the use of the Website (necessary cookies)
- The statistics on view of pages and subpages of websites (analytical cookies)
We use third-party cookies (Google Analytics) to count the number of visits on the Website, their duration and to define which Website functionalities or which parts of the Website were most frequently used or visited. You consent to the use of analytical cookies by selecting the appropriate option on the Cookie Banner. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing the previously selected settings on the Cookie Banner available on each page in the lower left corner of the screen
How to contact us?
or by post, to the following address:
- BBDO Warszawa sp. z o.o., ul. Wybrzeże Gdyńskie 6C, 01-531 Warszawa